Honestly, I think your typical American conservative to be a far more tolerable person than the average objectivist. A conservative at his best believes that good deeds should be done in the name of either god or civic duty, both commendable ideals that unfortunately tend to degenerate. An objectivist at his best believes that good deeds should only be done for ones self, the most shallow, egotistical and ignorant way of viewing the world. At their worst, they are nothing more than a small child that has yet to make the psychological progress towards empathy.
I’d rather be around a man whose lofty believes of god and country degenerated to selfishness than a man whose belief in selfishness has degenerated to childishness.
- botulizard reblogged this from huberthumphreydeathrally
- ericmano reblogged this from huberthumphreydeathrally
- ilikemygrungelikeilikemysteak likes this
- jhermann likes this
- thedoublezero likes this
- pickledhappiness likes this
- moscowbear likes this
- terminalsigma likes this
- le-kif-kif reblogged this from huberthumphreydeathrally and added:
- le-kif-kif likes this
- huberthumphreydeathrally posted this